Users with the Add/Edit Users permission in their Security Profile can add new users.
To add users click the navigation icon and then click the Users link from the administration sub-menu. The Users tab displays containing the list of users table. To add a user, complete the following steps:
Click the button on the action bar located at the top right of the user table.
A new tab will open with New User as the tab title.
In a Contact Center integrated system (see Configuring Agent Hotdesking) select the User Type, otherwise skip this step.
Fill in the required fields in each section of the new user form. Required fields are highlighted in red. See the sections below for more information on each field. The save button will only be enabled once all required fields are complete.
Click the Save button on the action bar located at the top right of the new user tab. The tab will refresh and the user’s name will now display as the tab title.
- First Name – this is a mandatory field.
- Last Name – this is a mandatory field.
- Department – The department the user works in. Specifying a department will make it easier to find the user later.
- Location - The user's physical location. Specifying a location will make it easier to find the user later.
- Username - used by the user to log into and use the Quality Management Client. This is a mandatory field, and must consist of alphanumeric characters only.
- Password - used by the user to log into and use the Quality Management Client. This is a mandatory field, and must consist of alphanumeric characters only.
- Security Profile - this determines what Quality Management functionality the user can use. This is a mandatory field and you must select one of the profiles.
- Account State - to be able to log into Quality Management Client and for their calls to be recorded, users need to be Active, which is the default setting. Apart from being Active, a user needs a Call Recording license. Select Inactive to inactivate the user; Quality Management retains their details and call data, but the user cannot log into the Quality Management Client or have their calls recorded.
- Windows Login - the user's Windows login in domain\Username format.
Disallow this user to change it’s password will prevent this user from being able to change their password.
Exclude this user from password policies will exclude this user from any password complexity or expiry rules that have been setup in Security Settings.
|Apart from having a license, a user also needs to have an Active Account State. You can add a user without assigning a license to them, but you cannot record their calls|
- Call Recording - select this check box to assign an Unlimited Call Recording license to this User. Users with this type of call recording license are automatically assigned to the default Call Recording Profile so that their calls are automatically recorded (you can reassign them to another call recording profile as required). Users with this sort of license can also have their calls recorded in real-time (as they happen). If you remove a license of this type, the user's call recording profile assignment is also removed.
- Concurrent Call Recording – allows the same functionality as a Call Recording license above, with the difference being that this is a per-seat license, rather than a per-user license.
- On-Demand Call Recording - select this check box to assign an on-demand call recording license to this user. Users with this type of call recording license can only have their calls recorded in real-time (as they happen). They cannot be assigned to a call recording profile, and they cannot have their calls recorded automatically. If you switch a user from an Unlimited Call Recording license, their call recording profile assignment is removed.
- Screen Recording - select this check box to assign a Screen Recording license to this user.
- Concurrent Screen Recording – allows the same functionality as a Screen Recording license above, with the difference being that this is a per-seat license, rather than a per-user license.
- Voice Analytics Realtime - select this box to assign a live streaming Analytics Application license to this user. This license also functions as a “base” license where the user can have the license without requiring any other licenses. Users with this type of license should then be assigned to a Live Analytics Call Recording Profile.
- Voice Analytics Batch - per-user license granting a user access to a Batch Analytics Speech Processing Application. This license has a pre-requisite of a Call Recording license: Either Call Recording, Concurrent Call Recording, On-Demand Call Recording, or Voice Analytics Realtime.
- Desktop Utility – select this check box to assign a Desktop Utility license to this user. A Desktop Utility license will allow the user to use the QMS Desktop Utility to control starting, stopping, and pausing call recordings without having to log into the Quality Management Client. The desktop utility also allows the user to add flags to the call in progress.
- Agent Evaluation - select this check box to assign an agent evaluation license to this user.
- Supervisor – select this check box to assign a Supervisor license to this user. A supervisor license will allow the user to log into the Quality Management Client, with access to whatever functionality is allowed through the Security Profile to which the user is assigned. A user with a supervisor license will not be able to have his/her calls recorded.
Call Recording Profiles define what calls Quality Management records and when. When you add a new user, they are automatically added to the default Call Recording Profile.
Users assigned On-Demand Call Recording licenses cannot be assigned to a Call Recording Profile.
For details of how to change a user’s Call Recording Profile, see Assigning Users to a Call Recording Profile
Call Recording Settings
The call recording settings section only displays if the user has selected one of the call recording licenses. Some of these fields are PBX dependant and may not show on your installation of QMS.
- Recording Server - the name of the network device hosting the Call Recording service.
|In a port-mirroring environment, or an environment with multiple PBX types, that have multiple Recording Servers distributed geographically, a user can be assigned to “Any” Recording Server. This allows a user to be recorded at whatever Recording Server is local to that user, should the user travel between sites.|
Primary Extension - the user's unique (not shared) extension number. This is a mandatory field.
Additional Extensions – any additional extensions that appear on the phone in addition to the primary extension.
Endpoint IP Address - the IP address of the user's phone. This is a mandatory field.
Private Extensions - enter a comma-separated list of the user's extensions to exclude from recording.
SIP URI - The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) that uniquely identifies the user’s SIP account. Should be in the format sip:<name>@<address>.
Subnetted IP Address - enter the IP address of the user's secondary endpoint. This address must be in the Secondary Subnet used to configure the User's call recording service.
Privacy Enabled - select this check box to prevent the user from being recorded where possible, even if engaged in a call with another user that is being recorded.
Users with Privacy Enabled cannot record their own phone calls.
Lookback Recording Enabled - select this check box for the user to be able to start recording at any time during a call and yet capture the entire call.
Dual Endpoints Enabled - set if the user has two endpoints for their extension.
Device Name – The name of the device (Device user type only)
Agent ID – The external identifier when the user (Agent) is linked to a contact center agent. (Agent user type only)
Avaya Agent ID – The PBX agent ID.
This section is where you can configure a list of Flags that will restrict the results of a Recording Search, for the given user. See Restricting Users Recording View With Flags