Follow these steps to add, edit and move categories and questions in the scorecard editor. See the topic on Adding Scorecards or Editing Scorecards for more information on how to access the scorecard editor.
Adding a Question Category
To add a question category, complete the following steps:
- Click the button located at the top right of the scorecard editor. The new question category is added to the bottom of the scorecard.
- Enter a valid Category name and Description.
If a description is added for a scorecard question or question category, then the description will appear as a tool-tip when a user hovers over the question or category while filling out an evaluation.
Adding a Question
To add a question, complete the following steps:
- Click the button located at the top right of the scorecard editor.
- Enter a valid Question and Description and Question Type.
- Enter a valid question weight. Success Weight and Failure Weight are shown for variants of the Yes/No question types, otherwise only Weight is shown.
- Optionally, one or more failure reasons may be added to a question by clicking the Add Failure Reason link and entering text into the Failure Reason field.
Success weight accepts values anywhere from 1-1000, failure weight accepts values anywhere from 1-1000 and -1, where -1 indicates that a failing score will result in automatic failure of an evaluation. Adjusting the failure weight up or down will cause a failed response to count either more or less, respectively, towards the total score for the evaluation.
Moving Question Categories or Questions
To move a category or question up or down in the scorecard, complete the following steps.
- Click and hold the left hand grab bar on the category or question you want to move and drag up or down to a new location on the scorecard and release the mouse.
- The category or question will be moved to the new location.
Deleting Question Categories or Questions
To delete a category or question, complete the following steps.
- Click the button to the right of the category or question you would like to delete.
- You are prompted to confirm that you want to delete the category or question. Click the OK button.
Deleting Failure Reasons
To delete a failure reason, complete the following steps:
- Click the button to the right of the failure reason you would like to delete.
- You are prompted to confirm that you want to delete the failure reason. Click the OK button.